EMR Implementation Specialist
- Job Level:
This role manages the onboarding of new divisions (medical practices) and provides support through post implementation for the electronic medical record (EMR) projects. This role requires a critical thinker with an eye for detail who has excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be both a strong independent worker as well as a strong team player. Flexibility, professionalism, good communication skills, and the ability to train are crucial for this role.
Our client is a partnership of more than 100 dedicated caring physicians and 500 highly trained support serving over 150,000 patients. They have created an environment where decisions are made by doctors not by an outside committee with consultation from business management and IT professionals and executed as the physician deems necessary. This allows for them to share best practices increase efficiencies share savings and position us favorably for industry changes.
- Develops/assists with account management and ongoing training of various office users.
- Evaluate clients’ workflows, documents, and procedures for implementation and customized follow-up training.
- On-site/Remote support and issues triage/resolution for clients during the post-implementation phase of the project.
- Assist with special “out-of-the-box” technologically innovative and clinically forward projects.
- Conduct off-site visits to client offices mainly located in Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens.
- Some night and weekend remote support may be required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Associates degree minimum requirement.
Experience & Skills Required
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in EMR/EHR implementation in a healthcare setting.
- Understanding of clinical workflows within an EMR required. GE Centricity EMR experiences a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word/Excel required.