New York, NY
- Job Level:
$85,000 - $100,000
HumanEdge has partnered with a NMedia industry client to hire a Systems Manager for their Manhattan office.
The Systems Manager will be responsible for:
- Designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting the company's computer network.
- Long-term planning for upgrading and efficiencies, new technologies, and company growth and equipment upgrades.
- Supporting users/employees on a daily basis for all computer related issues (MAC OSX and Windows).
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, intranet systems and wireless phone lines
- Maintain system efficiency
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems reported by users
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Evaluate and modify system's performance
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Identify user needs and create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
- Design and deploy networks
- Perform network address assignment
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science, or related field
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft (preferred)
- 4+ years system administration experience
- Knowledge of Nedgraphics and AdobeCS3 design platforms preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must