Rye Brook, NY
- Job Level:
Our client is currently in need of a Grossing Technician to support their Lab team.
- Ensure specimen integrity upon arrival and throughout the entire process
- Enter the gross description using the templates or pre-text in our Lab Information System for each biopsy specimen, dissect and prepare tissue for cassettes
- Gross core needle biopsy and all anatomical pathology specimens (under the supervision of a Pathologist Assistant and /or pathologist)
- Prepare dissected tissue specimens and place into cassettes
- Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Filter Logs, Bench Excerpts etc.)
- Must be able to provide a general, logical and factual grossing description of a specimen
- Assist in the professional development of laboratory aides
- Daily housekeeping
- Associate's degree with 12 semester hours of biology or chemistry
Experience & Skills Required
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
- 1+ years of grossing experience
- Familiarity with computers and strong typing skills
- Knowledgeable in the handling of specimens from accessioning to final specimen storage.
- Working knowledge of laboratory organization, operational procedures, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and laboratory safety.
- Working knowledge and understanding of computers.
- New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist/Technician or Histological Technician License