New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$18.00 - $20.00/hr
We are seeking a bright, energetic entry-level Research Associate for a bench level biotech genome analysis role. This position will be responsible for preparing clinical and research samples for next-gen sequencing, routine assays, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
Our client is a high volume biotech service laboratory providing genomic services for research and clinical samples to leading commercial, municipal and academic institutions.
- Perform routine and complex genomic analyses.
- Provide general laboratory support to the department to meet goals.
- Collect data; perform method and/or library research, and additional research through other means for designated assignments.
- May assist in designing, developing, and modifying research experiments, procedures, or survey instruments.
- Document all data, and analyses in accordance with department and regulatory requirements
- Assist in data interpretation and analyses.
- Provide regular reports/updates on status of research activities.
- Sets up, operates and maintains laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Formulates and prepares scientific solutions and media.
- Recruits study participants.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies.
- Performs additional functions incidental to research activities.
BS/MS Molecular, Cellular Biology or Biochemistry (or related discipline) with academic experience and solid understanding of genomic techniques including next-gen sequencing (non BS level candidates with significant relevant experience will be considered)
Experience & Skills Required
- Demonstrated knowledge of next-generation sequencing and genomic techniques
- Experience using pipettes (automated, micro-pipettes, multichannel and single channel)
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with internal and external customers and designees.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and work cooperatively with others including the training others when needed.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow established protocols, run assays, formulate and prepare scientific solutions and media.