Our client, a leader in the healthcare industry, is seeking an Office Assistant to join their team. As the Office Assistant, you will be working as a patient advocate for this local healthcare organization.
- Ensures accuracy of patient's information, including demographics and insurance.
- Performs reception of customers and communicates pleasantly and effectively.
- Answers phones, routes calls, take messages, conveys information, and assures accurate communication.
- Registers, verifies and schedules patient appointments, testing, and referrals.
- Reschedules cancelled, no show, tickler appointments.
- Processes record requests, including the copying, billing, charging and recording.
- Collects co-pays and reconciles moneys for deposit.
- Obtains and coordinates record retrieval for new and established patients.
- Completes audits as assigned.
- Performs intake and processing of medical records and other documentation and correspondence via eFax.
- Presents a professional appearance and image.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of six months job-related experience.
- MS Outlook, Data Entry, Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Practice Management System experience, Medical office experience, MS Excel.