Quality Manager (BSN)
- Job Level:
The Quality Manager position reports to the Director of Quality and interfaces cross-functionally with Medical & Scientific Affairs, Operations, New Product Development, and Sales. As a solutions-focused organization we are looking for an individual with a consultative and resourceful mindset to optimize partner and customer experience.
- Works with suppliers to complete product and facility related questionnaires and documentation as per customer requests.
- Conducts product approvals by reviewing technical documents for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Performs specification reviews, alignments, and approvals in accordance to domestic and international regulations as well as customer requirements.
- Knowledgeable in test methods used on dietary and food ingredients to qualify and select third party laboratories to perform appropriate testing.
- Evaluates and monitors suppliers to ensure they comply with FDA FSMA requirements.
- Creates and reviews SDSs and labels according to GHS regulations.
- Responsible for addressing complaints/non-conformances through investigations and CAPAs.
- Manages the report(s) of Quality Assurance Associate(s) by delegating, coaching, and developing those individuals.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Director of Quality.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Biology, Food Sciences, Nutritional Sciences, Chemistry, or related field. Experience in US Quality regulations.
Experience & Skills Required
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Fluent in English, Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of US FDA food and dietary ingredient regulations, HACCP/HARPC, manufacturing processes, and test procedures. PCQI certified is preferred.
- References: Outstanding references from previous managers that will testify to communication skills, resourcefulness, energy, customer-focus, and integrity.