We are currently seeking an Assembly Supervisor to supervise and coordinate Assembly operations in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Assembly Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring production operations are running smoothly during the shift and coordinating staffing needs to ensure all necessary coverage is maintained, including monitoring employees' working time, approving payroll information, enforcing company policies and standards and addressing personnel issues as they arise. Duties are performed personally and through subordinates to ensure established goals are met.
- Comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices ensuring such practices are followed by staff.
- Organize, maintain and record training programs for staff.
- Maintain process quality by ensuring that overall production process follows production system procedures, reviewing and correcting pharmaceutical batch records with employees, ensuring that all relevant SOPs are updated, available, reviewed, understood and followed by employees.
- Maintain product quality by observing operations, verifying in-process and line clearance inspection, verifying in-process tooling and informing Quality Department of product quality issues.
- Schedule activities and employees according to production schedule and inform Planning Department of needed schedule revisions.
- Maintain team output by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees, answering grievances, planning, monitoring and appraising job performance, assisting staff with Human Resources policy issues and maintaining employee morale.
- Ensure team is properly trained, properly equipped, and appropriately supervised to ensure continued quality production.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of finished batch records prior to submission to Quality for final review.
- Monitor equipment operations and personnel to ensure product quality meets specifications.
- Move from machine to machine closely examining products for conformance to specification.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment complying with company procedures, rules and regulations and report any dangerous situations or malfunction of equipment.
- Participate in product and equipment investigations, report and investigate non-conformities.
- Examine and measure completed materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices, microscopes, gauges, or calipers.
- Perform quality checks to ensure that products meet specifications and customer order requirements.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a production environment in a supervisory position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership, diplomacy, team player, relationship builder.
- Detail oriented, rigorous, analytical, reactive.
- Open minded and creative problem solver in complex situations.
- Good computer skills utilizing SAP and MS Office.
- Some Travel