- Job Level:
We have an opening for a Chemist position in our client in Rutherford, NJ. The chemist independently performs color matching experiments to achieve the desired target shades as requested by customers and/or management. Under the guidance and direction of a senior chemist, he/she generates and interprets data, and works closely with colleagues from other departments. The chemist also performs other tasks such as exploring new raw materials, adjusting formulations, quality control, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Color matching.
- Assisting senior chemist(s).
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing and presenting test data.
- Recommending raw materials for new product development and assisting in the formulation of colorants and UV additives.
- Performing quality control tests using analytical instruments.
- Assisting in troubleshooting and performing other tasks as assigned.
- Adhering to good laboratory and documentation practices.
Experience & Skills Required
- One to three years of experience in colorant and/or UV additive industry.
- AS, AAS or BS Degree or Technical School diploma in Chemistry, Biology or other technical field or proven technical experience.
- Must have experience with analytical test methods.
- Strong problem solving and investigation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast pace environment.
- Experience with Spectrophotometer a plus.
- Direct experience in developing, formulating, and testing of colorants and additives is preferred.