Clinical Systems Analyst
Information Technology Services
- Job Level:
$110,000.00 - $130,000.00
Our client is one of the largest hospitals in Brooklyn and an award-winning major independent teaching hospital with a community hospital feel. They are continuously expanding our services and remain at the forefront of innovative medicine. In fact, their Heart & Vascular Center ranks among the top 1% of hospitals in the US for heart attack/heart failure patient outcomes. They deliver more babies than any other hospital in New York State, have a Level l Trauma Center, and an accredited full-service Cancer Center with Joint Commission Gold Star designation along with the distinction of Brooklyn’s only Children’s Hospital.
They are currently seeking an EHR Systems Analyst for the Operating Room Team. As a Clinical Systems Analyst, you will conduct systems analysis to determine user needs for systems applications, formulate and design system scope and objectives. In addition, you may devise or modify procedures to resolve complex problems considering hardware/software capacity and limitations, operating time and desired results to meet the needs of the user.
- Meet with users (RNs, MD, Pharmacists, etc.) to assess application needs and implement systems
- Participate in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of department databases
- Assist with development of training material and perform end user training
- Design, coding, testing, documenting and maintaining complex applications.
- Design, testing, and implementation of new system features and customizations.
- Write of SQL queries
- Use Crystal Reports and Business Objects as appropriate.
- Provide maintenance and production support for existing system.
- 4-year Degree in Computer Science or 2-year degree with appropriate experience OR 4-year Degree in Nursing (with additional Computer Science or Engineering technical training)
- Master’s in Medical Informatics, CNE or Network or equivalent preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5 years of Clinical Systems Experience (preferably hospital inpatient) with emphasis on implementation