Long Term Contract
New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$18.00 - $24.00/hr.
We are seeking an energetic Analytical Chemist with excellent attention to detail for an immediate contract role in a GMP Quality Control Laboratory. This position will be responsible for QC analysis of raw materials, in-process materials, final products and generating Certificate of Analyses for a fast paced, high volume laboratory.
Our client is a specialty ingredient manufacturer supplying custom materials for FDA regulated applications.
- Responsible for the accurate analysis of incoming raw materials, in-process samples and finished products utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and established analytical test methods in a GMP/GLP environment.
- Techniques may include but will not be limited to auto-titrators, HPLC, ICP, and UV-Vis to generate high-quality analytical date.
- Perform routine and advanced calculations for COA, familiarity with international units, weights, dilutions, and % concentration is required.
- Ensure that all results are accurately recorded in appropriate laboratory logs or other designated forms.
- Provide routine laboratory support, clean glassware, prepare solutions, organize laboratory equipment and supplies as needed.
- BS degree or AS degree with related laboratory experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent math skills and ability to calculate solution concentrations.
- Excellent documentation skills, strong attention to detail and computer abilities.
- Great attitude and willingness to learn and seek work to accomplish the laboratory goals.
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel...) and ability to pick up new LIMS/analytical software packages quickly.
- Demonstrate ability to perform work accurately and be able to follow test methodology.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and work with minimum supervision.