We are seeking an experienced Electrical Technician with experience testing, repairing and maintaining manufacturing equipment including mechanical, vacuum, chemical processing equipment. This role will work under the direction of an experienced Electrical Engineer and Electrical Controls Engineer.
- Under general supervision, the Electrical Maintenance Technician installs and maintains production instrumentation, electrical wiring, production control equipment, and related auxiliary systems.
- Monitors production equipment and systems to determine operational status and troubleshoot system malfunctions.
- Provide Research and Development capabilities to help design, build, test and troubleshoot production equipment and manufacturing systems.
- Ability to repair and modify production equipment at the component level.
- Specify and order spare parts, for existing equipment, and systems as needed.
- Test, repair, maintain, and modify existing and new equipment, including electronic, vacuum, mechanical, and chemical apparatus.
- May design, select, build, and program control equipment for specific project requirements or process improvements.
- Adjust and/or calibrate components, production equipment, and control systems to improve overall efficiency and record all changes and their effect.
- Develop prototypes for project requirements and/or process improvements.
- Install factory wiring in both classified and non-classified areas.
- May set up standard test apparatus to conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability. ·
- Maintains an inventory of parts and supplies; orders materials as needed.
- May operate machine tools to fabricate parts.
- Maintains current knowledge relevant to state-of-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Attend Engineering meetings for updates, priority list and future equipment planning/installations.
- Ensures proper care, safety and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Complies with all BRI environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize, test, maintain and modify a range of engineering equipment, with expertise in identifying and resolving system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to build and test engineering and/or scientific systems/components and install electrical conduit and wiring in accordance with applicable codes and best practices.
- A working knowledge of NEC and NFPA 70 codes for general facility wiring.
- Strict adherence to applicable safety policies and PPE’s.
- Prior experience working in potentially hazardous environments is a plus
- Prior experience installing components such as plugs, switches, lights etc.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions and manuals.
- Ability to write reports containing technical information.