Senior Environmental Project Manager
Engineering Scientific / CAD/CAM Software
- Job Level:
We are looking for a Senior Environmental Permitting Specialist/Project Manager to support the ecological practice in our Massachusetts office. Qualified candidates must have experience in biology/ecology/natural resources or related science. In addition, permitting project experience at the federal, state, and local levels is important, and be able to effectively coordinate field work, direct and support other technical staff, interact in the field with clients, stakeholders, and contractors, and manage budgets, invoicing and schedules. Prior experience with environmental permit documents is required.
- Managing project team, delegating to office and field staff, and executing day to day activities of projects.
- Coordinating project tasks and permit preparation to meet deadlines.
- Conducting internal and client communications.
- Monitoring team performance for compliance with contractual agreements and budgets.
- Providing business development support.
- Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing reports with Principal guidance and review.
- Managing project contractual and financial issues (including terms of agreement, changes in scope, billing process).
- Preparing permit applications.
- Participating in meetings and agency consultation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology/Ecology, Environmental Science, or related discipline (Master’s Degree preferred.)
Experience & Skills Required
- 5+ years’ experience in environmental consulting services, including experience with natural resource evaluations, local, state and federal permitting, environmental monitoring, wetland delineations, biological assessments, and SWPPP inspections.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a professional attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, good time management, coordination, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate professional judgement, consistency, strong attention to detail, and background of high-quality work products.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong ecological/environmental analytical skills.
- Must be willing to learn and improve regulatory knowledge.
- Willingness to travel locally and regionally.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience in the energy sector.
- Experience with erosion and sedimentation control applications, invasive species control, and OSHA 10-hour construction safety training or 40- hour OSHA HAZWOPER training are a plus.
- Must possess excellent field skills, experience on active construction sites, and ability to document methods and results.