- Job Level:
Your Role We are seeking the following individual for our EH&S department who would have responsibilities to our headquarters located in NJ and to our production sites located in US and Canada. The EHS Regulatory Lead will be expected to provide support in but not limited to the following areas: Product Safety, Chemical Control/Regulatory Clearance, Food Contact/Regulatory Clearance and Manufacturing Plant EHS Support.
- Product Safety
- Support for SDS and Label Generation (WERCS System)
- International Hazard Communication
- Chemical Control/Regulatory Clearance
- PMN/LVE Submissions
- Global Chemical Inventory Notifications
- Food Contact/Regulatory Clearance
- FDA Indirect and Direct Food Additives
- International (EU, Canada, Asia/Pacific) Food Additives and Processing Aids
- Manufacturing Plant EHS Support
- Air and Water Permitting
- Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste Classification
- BS or master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- 10+ years’ experience in Regulatory (EH&S) with focuses on EPA New Substance Notification Regulations, OSHA Hazard Communication Regulations, DOT HazMat Transportation Regulations and FDA Direct and Indirect Food Additive Regulations.
- Experience preferred in international hazardous communication, direct and indirect food additive compliance, environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Experience preferred in coordination with government agencies & legal consultants.
- Previous chemical experience, specifically with performance chemical additives.
- Preferred markets served: Coatings & Industrial Fluids, Metalworking, Cosmetics, Direct Food Additives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of projects/programs in a cross-functional, geographically dispersed environment in a timely and effective manner.
- Superior PowerPoint, Word, Excel and WERCS skills.
- Travel: 10% between our locations in SC, IL and NJ