New Haven, CT
Biopharmaceuticals / Biotherapeutics
- Job Level:
$50,000 - $65,000
We are seeking a junior level Research Associate to join a tenured laboratory team supporting Proteomic analyses. The Research Associate will be responsible for sample preparation and Mass Spectrometry (MS) based analyses activities including research design, implementation, and daily operation of the lab. The Research Associate will participate in method development activities and independently carry out research assignments.
The Research Associate will support a high-throughput laboratory team within a well-established biopharmaceutical R&D leader.
- Independently complete experimental design, method development, method optimization, data analysis and presentation of results.
- Perform sample preparation and analysis techniques including: protein extraction, protein precipitation, enzymatic digestion, LC/MS analysis, protein/nucleic acid synthesis.
- Utilize proteomics software including Xcalibur, MASCOT, Proteome Discoverer, Progenesis QI, Scaffold PTM, Scaffold DIA, etc. for the analysis and interpretation of laboratory data to make scientific conclusions.
- Participate in general department activities and administrative tasks including attending meetings, participate in research planning, report preparation, preparation of proposals/manuscripts, organize and maintain reagent/stock/chemical inventories, support billing and administrative tasks.
- Master’s Degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other related discipline and one year experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience in quantitative proteomics (e.g. LFQ, SILAC, etc.)
- Must be knowledgeable in the fundamentals of MS (Mass Spectrometry) and LC (Liquid Chromatography) separation techniques.
- Well developed interpersonal skills and customer service competencies.