Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Specialty Chemical Manufacturing
- Job Level:
$48,000 - $65,000
We are seeking an entry to mid-level Regulatory Associate with expertise in the areas of personal care or specialty chemical ingredients. This position will be responsible for reviewing and filing regulatory documents including technical literature, product labels, Safety Data Sheets and registration packages.
Our client is a specialty chemical manufacturer supplying ingredients to the consumer product, personal care and coatings industries.
- Technical review and filing of documents in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in the review of technical literature, labels and Safety Data Sheets for company products.
- Compile and submit registration packages and notifications according to requirements of the regulatory bodies.
- Process state registrations for new products and renewals.
- The review identified opportunities on sales pipeline against state registrations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to meet department targets.
- Work with customers (internal and external); respond to inquiries and complete customer questionnaires.
- Assist and support Senior Regulatory Specialists, Regulatory Manager, and QA Manager and maintain a close relationship with departmental colleagues.
- Support the maintenance of the Quality Management System, participate in departmental administrative duties including typing meeting minutes, correspondence, emails, distribution, scanning and filing of emails, paperwork, etc.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- BS degree with 1 to 5 years of prior EHS or regulatory/compliance experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), documentation skills, strong attention to detail and computer abilities including a strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe
- Good critical thinking skills and strong organizational skills.