Rye Brook, NY
- Job Level:
$75,000 - $80,000
Our client is currently in need of a PCR Technologist for their Westchester County, NY location. In this role, you will perform biological experiments and assist with the day-to day administration of the PCR Laboratory.
- Knowledgeable in the handling of patient specimens from accession to storage.
- Assist supervisor with day to day administration of PCR Laboratory.
- Read and follow technical procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- DNA and RNA extraction
- Complete PCR testing and PCR product analysis including sequencing, hybridization or fragment analysis
- Assist in the administration of all Quality Control Programs.
- Assist in the inventory management and ordering
- Sample data collecting or accession if necessary
- Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or related field plus one year clinical biological lab experience
Experience & Skills Required
- NYS clinical laboratory license
- Knowledge of nucleic acid technology. Understanding of quality control / quality improvement programs.
- Familiar with pipette and knowledge of basic chemical calculation is preferred
- Block sectioning and H&E staining experience